E-TV

What TV Shows and Movies did you grow up with?

The vid of the day, all about dance, includes some footage of one of my favorite dance movies of all time -- the little known, but absolutely beautiful, White Nights.  Starring Mikhael Barishnikov and Gregory Hines, along with Isabella Rosallini, it's a great story of a Russian ballet dancer who defected to the west.  He's on a flight to Europe when they suddenly develop engine trouble over Russia, and he finds himself back in the country from which he fled years earlier.  He meets up with Hines, who is also a defector, except he's gone from the USA to Russia.  That's the story's premise -- but the dancing is amazing.  Barishikov shows his genius in several solos; Hines does the same.  But when you put these two very different dancers together, it's magic.  I highly recommend it.  One of the highlights is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr8vtCrzT6w&feature=related

Commented here because the Comment button below the vid wouldn't link to anything.

Theresa

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HEY ...THAT'S THEY WAY THEY DO IT IN THE UKRAINE...DON'T BE JUDGING MY VIRTUAL BOYFRIEND...

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Daily Funny......................... (click to open)

Daily Funny/Pix

Comment

Bulletin Board

FYI

Where we all are

Quote:

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.”

― Vince Lombardi

© 2017   Created by Cat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service