E-TV

What TV Shows and Movies did you grow up with?

Melvin will be taking over the video posts and since they'll be all from YouTube, I set up this page for discussions of them. 

Views: 1385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chuck will be missed! Thanks for posted this, Mel.

Louie can sure toot that horn!

He sure can. I've always liked Satchmo.

It's amazing that there were no fatalities here, and one man was even able to get out of the chopper and walk

Did that happen last night?

No, this happened in 2004, I just thought that for such a dramatic crash it was interesting that there were no fatalities.

The Tacoma bridge collapse was amazing footage from 1940! Sorry the puppy couldn't be saved, I know he hadda be really freaked out.

The first time I saw that, I was in physics class at Texas A&I University in 1970. We were studying torsional flutter, a self-induced harmonic vibration pattern. Don't remember diddly squat about that day's lesson, and even had to look up the torsional flutter info for this reply. LOL

Don't you think it amazing that it took that much stress and was obviously made to endure high winds? I know they do that for tall buildings in LA. They have to be able to move back and forth because of earthquakes. In fact, I think Chicago requires that buildings go as deep into the ground, as they are high!

Anything that has to do with engineering and architecture is amazing to me. I had enough trouble just trying to master Tinker Toys? LOL I knew about the high rise buildings be designed to sway back and forth, but had never heard about buildings going as deep into the ground as they are high. The only building I'm consciously aware of in Chicago is the Wrigley Building. I'm sure it's a dwarf compared to some of the other high rise buildings there. But even the Wrigley Building would have a long way to go under ground.

The lightning strikes were beautiful and informative. Thanks Mel.

My understanding, from the first time I saw this, was that the little dog was not hurt. The two dogs were good friends. I really liked this video, and had to have a rerun on it.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Daily Funny......................... (click to open)

Funny Signs/Pix 

Comment

Bulletin Board

Starting the upload process to replace the animated gif files with mp4 videos today.

Please be patient, as I'm not sure how long the process will take, but we will have the animated game pieces back, as soon as I can manage the transfer.

FYI

Where we all are

Quote:

“I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.”

― Robert H. Schuller

© 2017   Created by Cat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service